19th January 2016
The Directors of Bournemouth Business School International and MLS International College are delighted to announce the merger of the two language schools as at 18th January 2016.
The decision to merge is a response to changing industry conditions but is one that has been developing over many years through collaborative projects and shared clients. This is a huge step forward for both organisations, who will now be able to fully combine over 50 years of English, Business English and University preparation teaching experience for international students.
Key benefits of the merger:
· Shared experience in delivering language programmes with a professional focus.
· The opportunity to develop the BBSI vocational training programmes within the framework of the MLS
International Business Communications courses.
· The opportunity to develop University pathway programmes with broader recognition
· The opportunity to work with a larger team of Business specialists in developing specialised
Language Plus (+) programmes in Management and Business related areas.
· Improved social programme and out of class experiences, developing even greater vibrancy
amongst a larger student body
· The opportunity to develop the merged schools as one of the leading
Professional and Business English Language training centres in the UK
· The opportunity to achieve financial efficiencies in delivering programmes,
enabling us to keep tuition fees competitive.
Commenting on the Merger, Mark Henwood, Managing Director of MLS said,
“MLS and BBSI have developed as schools in parallel since the late 1980s and we have often considered how we could work more closely, as our programmes have historically been so similar. This merger feels like a natural progression in the evolution of the schools and we are excited to take our next steps together.”
Shane Wilkinson, Managing Director of BBSI said,
“This merger between BBSI and MLS is a fantastic opportunity to develop two strong brands into something even greater. We envisage that our combined expertise and knowledge can now take us to new levels, where we will become the No 1 choice of UK provider both for professional and business training and for ESP.”
1. All current course bookings with BBSI remain in place and will be transferred to MLS, unless directly
notified otherwise. We will liaise with students who are already with us to plan the transfer over
the next two weeks.
We will write to all students who are due to join BBSI notifying them of the change of location
of their programme and all other matters
2. All MLS and BBSI courses as advertised will continue to run as advertised until further notice.
There may be some practical syllabus changes to allow for integration and we will liaise
directly with students affected.
3. All teaching will eventually take place in MLS’ main building – Westover Chambers.
4. BBSI staff will be working with MLS staff to continue to service your admissions and client service needs
and we will confirm full contact details for all relevant staff in due course.
You may use your usual contacts for the time being.
5. The MLS and the BBSI brands will continue and we will be working towards some exciting branding
development throughout 2016.
6. There may be some ETO contractual changes and we will let you know about these in due course.
7. Students on Tier 4 Visas will remain unaffected and MLS will liaise with the UK Visas and
Immigration to ensure a smooth transfer under their regulations.
8. Transferred students who have booked courses with BBSI will receive BBSI certification.
Where an external certification was requested as part of the programme – such as with NCFE or ILM,
these certifications will not transfer. However, MLS will offer alternative similar certification with the
Institute of Commercial Management.
9. The merger is a transfer on 18th January 2016 of BBSI’s assets and ongoing business to
MLS International Ltd, company registered in England 1947337.
This is a wonderful start to 2016 for BBSI and MLS and we look forward to growing our work with you over the coming year.
Mark Henwood Shane Wilkinson
Managing Director Managing Director
MLS International College Bournemouth Business School International
Hinton Road, Bournemouth, BH12EN